Patron Health and Safety Protocol
PATRON SAFETY IS OUR FIRST PRIORITY REVISED SEPTEMBER, 2021
The number one priority of Ballet Spartanburg remains the health and safety of our patrons, dancers, staff, faculty, volunteers and parents. We are committed to presenting live professional ballets with safety measures in place for our patrons this season. We will continue to monitor guidelines for the latest public health information/procedures from the CDC and SCDHEC. We will update these procedures to provide a safe patron experience.
Due to the current rise in COVID-19 cases, Ballet Spartanburg's Board of Trustees and the Chapman Cultural Center support a Universal Mask Policy on the Chapman Cultural Center campus. We realize that the information from the CDC is ever-evolving. We will continue to update our patrons on this website and through our "KNOW BEFORE YOU GO" link and emails.
Please take note of the following health and safety protocol:
- Masks are required to be worn in the lobby and theatre of Chapman Cultural Center and the Twichell Auditorium. Masks will be worn in the buildings at all times. Face Sheilds, gaiters, bandanas, and pulling up a shirt around a face are not acceptable as face protection for any live performance at the Chapman Cultural Center. A mask must go around the ears for stability and cover nose and mouth. They are not to be removed during the performances. Should you have a medical condition and cannot wear one, please inform an usher. We want to ensure, as best possible, that our audience and dancers are safe while enjoying live performing arts.
- Seating capacity is limited at Twichell at this time. This may change. The Chapman Cultural Center will only hold at this time for our performances 300 ticket holders so that we can space out our patrons. We have 5 performances of The Wizard of Oz for all to enjoy safely.
- Eat concessions outside or if eating inside, please try to space your group from others.
- Additional bathrooms are located in the other two buildings. If you see a line or if a bathroom is crowded, leave and go to another building during intermission.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use hand sanitizer if soap and water aren’t available.
The above policies are interim based on the latest guidelines provided by the CDC and SCDHEC. As these guidelines change, our interim guidelines will be changed accordingly. THANK YOU for working together to stay healthy and enjoy live ballet.
Please read the Health &Safety Protocol of the Chapman Cultural Center here.