CFDE COVID-19 Protocol
as of 8/16/2021
Ballet Spartanburg’s Center for Dance Education is dedicated to provide the safest in person experience for our students and staff. Please note these protocols may change with shifting CDC guidelines. The health and safety of our ballet Spartanburg Family is our first priority
- Even with expanded vaccine distribution, masks must be worn AT ALL times, by vaccinated and unvaccinated students and adults within the building (including during classes) for ages 2 and above.
- Parents of children ages 2 -4 may enter building and wait in the hallway socially distanced and masked.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the first floor. Students are required to use hand sanitizer before each class and after barre.
- All classes will end 5 minutes early for cleaning protocol.
- All barres are wiped down and sanitized before and after each class.
- Students must attend class dressed and check in no earlier than 10 minutes prior to class time. Class entrance is in the main entrance of the Montgomery Building by the front plaza door.
- Parents must meet their child, if under the age of 11, promptly at the end class at the side door (under walkway by theatre) of the Montgomery Building.
- Hallway doors will be propped open to prevent the need to push door handles.
- If a student is informed that they have been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19, Ballet Spartanburg must be informed as soon as possible and are required to quarantine according to the most recent CDC guidelines.
*As of August 4, 2021, the CDC Guidelines for Exposure and Quarantine states you must quarantine for 14 days if you have been in close contact (within 6 feet of someone for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24 hour period) with someone who has COVID-19, unless you have been fully vaccinated. People who are fully vaccinated do NOT have to quarantine unless they have symptoms. However, fully vaccinated people should get tested 3-5 days after exposure, even though they do not have symptoms and wear a mask in public for 14 days following exposure or until Covid test result is negative.
- If a student tests positive, Ballet Spartanburg MUST be informed immediately and refrain from returning to CFDE for 10 days since symptoms first appeared or cleared by doctor.
- If any student experiences a fever, dry cough, fatigue, loss of taste or smell, body aches, headaches, sore throat, or difficulty breathing, do not attend class. The classes may always be made up in the same or lower level.
INDEMNITY: Student (adult or minor and minor’s parents or legal guardian) shall release, indemnify, defend and hold Ballet Spartanburg (including its officers, directors, agents and employees) harmless from and against all liabilities, claims, penalties, damages, expenses, attorney’s fees and judgement by reason of inquiry, COVID-19 or related illness and/or damage to persons or property arising out of dance lessons at the Ballet Spartanburg premise or other premise designated for rehearsals and/or performances.