FAQ The Nutcracker Tea Party, 2021
Capacity of children who may attend is reduced by 50% this year
- 100 children are invited to join us this season. We will have champagne and goodies for parents. We ask that parents remain close to tables so children will remain seated.
- We anticipate having no more than 160 individuals (including staff,parents, volunteers) in the lobby
- As in the past, Nutcracker Tea! will take place in the lobby of the Chapman Cultural Center and the theatre
- Guests will arrive and walk to their tables. Table numbers will be assigned prior to the day of the event.
- Your table will include only your guests (see below)
What is the Maximum Number household/pod seated at one table?
- There will be only one party seated at each table. Your party consists of your family/friends.
- Upon arrival, guests will be escorted directly to their table
What are the sizes of the tables?
There are 3 sizes of tables:
- Bistro Table can seat 3 guests
- 6ft Banquet Table can seat 4, 5, or 6 guests
- 66” Round Gala Table can seat 7, 8, 9, or 10 guests
How is Ballet Spartanburg managing traffic flow and providing for social distancing this year?
- Upon entrance, guests will be escorted directly to their assigned tables
- Craft/handprinting in the studios will be happen in tables/pods only with no interaction from other tables
- Taking pictures with SugarPlum will also happen in tables/pods
Sweet Boxes and Crafts will be preplaced at each table/pod:
- Crafts will be wrapped individually and placed at your place-setting for each child (or adult who wants one) to create at their seat
- Sweet Boxes will be placed at each child's place. This year we will not plate food. All food will be packaged
Ballet Spartanburg will adhere to the most current COVID 19 mandates as assigned by the State and CDC.
Will we be required to wear masks?
- At this time, we anticipate that masks will be required for all guests and staff
- You will be able to remove your mask while sitting at your table to eat sweets in the Sweet Box!